The Ryder Cup is coming in a few weeks to Valhalla G.C in Kentucky. In a contest that was once dominated by the American team it has now become a lop-sided affair in which the Europeans have been victorious for the last 9 years.
Here are the Top 10 reasons why the Euros will keep, Samuel Ryder’s Cup:
- No Tiger. Given the fact that this is not Tiger’s favorite event, his absence on the US team, is a void that nobody can fill.
- The European team actually all know each other and many of their players are close friends. In 2006, at the event in Ireland, Tiger Woods had never even met two of the other US team members before that week. Enough said.
- The European team dresses better. Ian Poulter vs. Ben Curtis? No contest.
- Darren Clarke just won the KLM Dutch Open. Clarke who may not have made the team before this week’s win, all but cemented his spot with his superb play. Clarke will be a huge boost to the Euros, for both his play and his persona.
- The US has lost 5 of the last 6 Cups.
- Any European player would give their left arm to be on the team. Many American players are ambivilant about playing.
- Michael Phelps is not on the US squad but there is the potential for Aqua Man (aka Woody Austin) to be a part of the festivities.
- Padraig Harrington. Sergio Garcia. Lee Westwood. Darren Clarke.
- Not one of the American players has a winning record on their Ryder Cup resume.
- There are no Irishmen on the US team.